We are flooded with calls around this time of the year, as parents wonder what the best gift is to give their Nanny. We understand that with inflation and the continued uncertainty of what the world has in store, many families are not in the same financial situation they were pre-pandemic. With this in mind, we have put together some suggestions for how to show your Nanny your appreciation this holiday season.
Remember, Nannies often see their holiday bonus as an evaluation of their worth and level of performance. Even if you can’t afford a lavish gift or substantial bonus this year, it’s important to show your Nanny how much you value them, especially during these challenging times. After all, they play an integral role in helping shape our children’s hearts and minds.
If you can afford to give your Nanny a standard bonus, we typically suggest:
- 1-2 weeks’ pay on top of a regular pay cheque, plus paid time off
- Bonus pay and a personalised gift
If you are unable to give your Nanny a monetary bonus this year, here are some other suggestions:
- Additional paid time off or an extra week of paid vacation
- A gift card to retail, coffee, a restaurant, an event etc.
- Spa treatment package
- A thoughtfully wrapped gift, or fill a stocking with several smaller gifts
- Treat them to a nice dinner out
- Offer medical and dental benefits starting in January
- Have your entire family film a ‘thank you’ video
- Write a thoughtful holiday card
- DIY gifts like arts and crafts made by the children
- Wine and flowers
No matter what you decide, the important thing is to acknowledge and communicate how much you appreciate them, and to thank them for a job well done.
Looking to hire a nanny? Contact us today!