With the holiday season in full swing, many nannies typically get stuck on what to gift their nanny families.
Do nannies offer gifts to their nanny employers?
In a word, yes!
However, buying a separate gift for each member of the family can quickly add up. Instead, consider buying gifts for the kids only, or buy one gift that the whole family can enjoy.
Alternatively, you can also make something for the children and/or the whole family, rather than buying something.
Here are a few ideas of possible gifts you can offer your nanny family for the holidays:
- A nice ornament
- A family board game
- A calendar with pictures of the children
- A craft you made with the children
- A free night of babysitting
- A book of photos of your adventures with the kids
- Experience gifts
- A gift you made
- Mugs with the children’s picture
- Movie night basket
- Donation to a charity in their name
- Photo blanket
- Movie tickets
- Bowling gift certificate for family bowling night
- Starbucks gift basket
- A bottle of wine
- A poinsettia
Bonus Tip: Don’t feel like you have to give a gift at all! A nice card with a heartfelt note can mean so much. You don’t have to be extravagant or spend a lot of money.
Remember, it’s the thought that counts!