Discover how to turn the tables and interview your potential employer!
Ever been to a nanny interview and felt like you’re the only one being grilled? What if we told you that you’re not just there to be interviewed but also to interview them? In this blog post, we’re turning the tables and giving you the power to decide if a job is right for you!
The Interview Power Shift
Did you know that an interview is a two-way street? It’s not just about the family deciding if you’re a good fit for them, but also about you deciding if they’re a good fit for you!
“An interview is a dance where both parties lead.” – Michelle from Nannies on Call
The Golden Questions
Here are some of the most important questions you should be asking in a nanny interview:
1. What does a typical day look like?
2. What are you looking for in terms of commitment?
3. What are your discipline philosophies?
4. What are your likes and dislikes?
5. Have you had a nanny before?
6. Do you work from home?
7. What do you like to use for communication?
8. What are your COVID-19 policies?
9. What are the next steps?
These questions will not only show your interest and professionalism but also help you understand if the job aligns with your preferences and principles.
The Power of Asking the Right Questions 🌟
1. “What does a typical day look like?”: This question will give you a clear picture of your potential duties and responsibilities.
2. “What are your discipline philosophies?”: This question will help you understand if your discipline style aligns with the family’s beliefs.
3. “Have you had a nanny before?”: This question can give you insights into the family’s experience with nannies and their expectations.
How These Questions Can Change Your Interview Game 🌱
By asking these questions, you’re not just passively waiting for the family to decide. You’re actively participating in the process and making sure it’s a good fit for you too. It’s about finding a family that aligns with your values and working style.
Remember, you’re not just a nanny. You’re a professional. And professionals ask questions.
Look for a new nanny position? Apply with us today!